Cleaning aluminum awnings is an important part of keeping them looking great and in good condition. Aluminum awnings are exposed to the elements, so they need regular maintenance to keep them looking their best. Here’s how you can clean your aluminum awnings safely and effectively:
• Mild detergent or soap solution
• Soft-bristled brush
• Garden hose with spray nozzle attachment
• Bucket of warm water
1. Start by spraying down the entire surface of the awning with your garden hose on its lowest setting. This will help loosen any dirt or debris that may be stuck on it.
2. Create a mild detergent or soap solution using warm water and either dishwashing liquid, laundry detergent, or car wash soap in a bucket. Make sure not to use anything too abrasive as this could damage the finish of your aluminum awning over time.
3. Dip your soft-bristled brush into the cleaning solution and gently scrub away any dirt or grime from the surface of your aluminum awning until it is completely clean. Be sure to rinse off any excess suds with fresh water afterward for the best results!
Once you have finished scrubbing, rinse off all remaining residue from both sides of the fabric with fresh water from your garden hose set at its lowest pressure setting again. This will ensure that no cleaning solutions remain behind, which could cause discoloration over time if left unchecked.
5 . Finally, allow both sides of your cleaned aluminum awning fabric to air dry before retracting it back up onto its frame – this will help prevent mold growth due to moisture being trapped inside during storage periods when not in use!
By following these simple steps, you can easily keep your aluminum awnings looking like new year after year while also helping extend their lifespan significantly. So don’t forget to give them some TLC every now and then.